EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
Designer, Creater, Artist
Laser Welding for Jewelry Training, 2010.
Gemvision Computer Aided Jewelry Design Training, 2011.
Chief Designer for Matthew C. Hoffmann, Ann Arbor, MI. 1984-1993.
Concert Musician, Principle Oboist, Detroit Youth Symphony, Dearborn Symphony, Interlocken Concert Band, 1976-1982.
Classical antique woodwind instrument restorer, 1979-1985.
GIA Graduate Gemologist and Appraiser
- Gemological Institute of America, Continuing Education Program. 2014, 2015, 2018-2023.
- Candidate Member American Society of Appraisers 2018-2020.
- 120 hour American Society of Appraisers Principles of Valuation Series which includes:
- American Society of Appraisers, PG/GJ204 Personal Property Valuation – The Legal & Regulatory Environment, 2019.
- American Society of Appraisers, GJ203 Appraising Gems & Jewelry for Advance Assignments, 2018.
- American Society of Appraisers, GJ202 Appraising Gems & Jewelry for Insurance Coverage, 2018.
- American Society of Appraisers, PG/GJ201 Personal Property Valuation, 2017.
American Society of Appraisers, Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP) 2016-2023.
- CPAA Pearl Specialist. 2018.
- Gemworld: Corundum ( Ruby & Sapphire) Identification, Treatments, & Pricing. 2018.
- American Society of Appraisers, Appraisal Practices & Code of Ethics Course. 2017.
- Board Member Michigan Gemological Institute of America Alumni Association, 2012 - 2023.
- Member National Association of Jewelry Appraisers, 2012 - 2023
- Graduate Gemologist, Gemological Institute of America, 2012.
- Graduate Colored Stones Diploma, 2012.
- Graduate Diamonds Diploma, 2012.
- Pearl Grading Lab Class Completion, 2012.
- Gemologist, Gemological Institute of America, 2000.
- Colored Stones Grading Certificate Recipient, 1999.
- Gem Identification Certificate Recipient, 1999.
- Colored Gem Stones Certificate Recipient, 1998.
- Diamond Grading Certificate Recipient, 1997.
- Diamonds Certificate Recipient, 1995.
- Board Member. Michigan Guild of Artists and Artisan, 1994-1997.
- Masters of Business Administration, University of Detroit, 1991.
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Western Michigan University, 1984.
- Université de Haute Bretagne, Rennes, France, 1982